Dr. Susan
Dr. Susan, Veterinarian
Experience:  7 years of clinical experience with specialty in veterinary pain management, urology, and geriatrics
25524280

I have a 1 year old whippet lab mix. he is having problems

I have a 1 year old whippet lab mix. he is having problems with his stool. It is a yellowish color and dry and powdery. He has energy and is playing, but he is not eating good or drinking very much. His stool also has kleenex in it and also some hard pieces. Please give me some advice on what I should do until there is a vet open mon. We are on vacation in sylva NC.
Thank you, XXXXX
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Dr. Friend. I'll help you with Jax today. Did he get into the trash? Have their been any changes in his diet, or unusual treats?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I gave him some raw hide and a busy bone by purina. Other that, I am not sure. Trash is covered, but he is still chewing things

Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 1 year ago.
Since he is still acting normally, I think that his signs are related to the things he has eaten. We know that he has eaten some Kleenex as well as rawhide and the bone. For now, I recommend feeding him a bland diet of boiled white rice and boiled chicken. This is a very palatable food, and it is all so very easily digested. You can also offer him dilute chicken broth or tuna juice. If he holds these down, and continues to act normally, you can transition him back to his normal food over 4-5 days.

If he becomes depressed, vomits, or acts painful, he should be examined by a veterinarian. Do not give any more treats at this time.

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION. Bonuses are always welcome. (I am not compensated in any way by the website unless you Accept). Thanks!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Friend..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!

Dr. Susan, Veterinarian
Experience: 7 years of clinical experience with specialty in veterinary pain management, urology, and geriatrics