Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian.

Thanks for your quick response. I agree that the vet, hands

Thanks for your quick response. I agree that the vet, hands on, is the way to go. Until I can get to him your response is helpful. An additional condition that hasd been happening at the same time as loose bowels is that she occasionally passes an extremely odorous gas. Related?

Thanks for the response.

Absolutely the gas is related. Any time we have abnormal intestinal motility we will have a change in the bacteria population in the intestinal tract, and if we have some sort of metabolic disease process then we will have abnormal waste products in the gut, both of these lead to abnormal digestion and gas formation.

Poor little one, hopefully my suggestions will get him a little more comfortable this weekend.

Hi Lew,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr Kara
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She's much better but I haven't started her regular food yet, Maybe later today. She also hasn;t produced any stool for comparison yet. One more day of wait and see. Thanks for asking.

I'm glad to hear that she is feeling better.

It is not uncommon for dogs not to produce much stool when they eat a bland diet as it is highly digestible and little waste is produced. Her gut may also be almost empty because the diarrhea cleared everything out. I am not concerned that she hasn't produced stools.

It sounds like she is definitely on her way to healing. Thanks for taking the time to give me an update and please let me know if you have any further questions, Dr. Kara.