Dr. Scott, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of small animal, equine and pocket pet medicine and surgery.

my 10yr old rough collie came off being in season 6 days ago

my 10yr old rough collie came off being in season 6 days ago (it was a very heavy one lasting 2 weeks) for nearly 4 days now she has refused to eat anything i try to give. she has been sick a coule of times this being yellow and her toilet is quite runny. She is drinking normal and manages to keep this down. a couple of hours ago she has started snuffling as though she has a blocked nose. it is late sunday evening and i'm not sure whether to call the vet. please help advice. her jabs are all up to date. many thanks
Hello there,

Is she drinking more water than normal?

What color are the gums and insides of the lower eyelids?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

drinking a little more. eyes quite red and runny gums pink

In a dog this age I would be very concerned about a uterine infection. They are not uncommon in older intact females and they usually occur right after a heat cycle. Lethargy, increased water intake, loss of appetite and anemia are common symptoms of infection. I would definitely have the dog examined as soon as possible. A radiograph of the abdomen will likely be needed. If there is an infection, surgery will likely be needed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

she has just been outside and her urine is very strong and darkish. shall i try and take a sample? will this help the vet?

If you can get a clean sample it may indeed be helpful. Collect it in a plastic or glass container and keep it in the refrigerated until you take it to your vet.