Dr. Rosol
Dr. Rosol, Veterinarian
Experience:  Skilled veterinarian working in a general practice. 

I have ket flush by butler and epi-otic ear wash.Which works

I have ket flush by butler and epi-otic ear wash.Which works better for allergies/yeast in dogs ears?

Dr. Rosol : Hello! Welcome to justanswer!
Dr. Rosol : Sorry to hear about Macy, allergies can be very frustrating
Dr. Rosol : to answer your question, ket flush is better then epi otic.
Dr. Rosol : ket flush has ketoconazole in it as an active ingredient which helps to kill yeast.
Dr. Rosol : Yeast infections in the ears are very common in dogs that have allergies, which I'm sure you are aware of
Dr. Rosol : You should use it twice per day for 5-7 days if you are seeing an active infection. If the infection does not improve, you may need a different medication from your vet
Dr. Rosol : please let me know if you have any questions and I will get back to you ASAP

Thanks..and yeah they are a pain..allergies.I read somewhere that you can put cortizone and rub it around the ear opening.Can you?I haven't tried that but was wondering.I think I'll just wash her ears out and keep that up.Thanks again.Off to wash her ears.Have a nice weekend.Cathy

I would just stick with the ear cleaner and not use the cortisone. Good luck and I hope you have a good weekend too!