Denise Colgrove
Denise Colgrove, Veterinarian
Experience:  Internship and residency at UCD, 47 years experience.

my dog has body pains all over, his back, his legs and around

my dog has body pains all over, his back, his legs and around his head. I gave him a asprin a couple hours ago, that has no effect.
Hi There,

I am Dr. Denise and I am glad to assist you.

How does he react when you touch him? How is he exhibiting the pain? How long has this been going on? How much does he weigh and how much aspirin did you give? Is he able to walk? Jump on furniture or go up and down stairs? Let me know and I will get back to you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It has been going on since this yesterday evening that I am aware of. He wimpers when i touch him and has trouble climbing stairs or lying down. One apirin tablet and he is 60lbs.

It does sound like it may be an intervertebral disc protrusion which is very painful and can lead to paralysis. He can have 5 mgs per pound of body weight of aspirin 2 times a day so for a 60 pound dog that is and adult aspirin. There are also low dose aspirin so make sure it was the adult aspirin you gave.

Rest is very important so if you can confine him in a crate or a very small space that is important.

Your veterinarian would diagnose this with xray or MRI

I am sending a site of a client information sheet on this condition for you to peruse. Let me know if you have questions or concerns after reading it and I will get back toyou.