Dr. Jay Mawhinney
Dr. Jay Mawhinney, Veterinarian
Experience:  34+ years experience in day practice and in critical care.
22217170

my dog cant breathe through his nose. sounds horrible and

my dog can't breathe through his nose. sounds horrible and keeps hacking. is there anything i can do until I can take him to the vet on Monday?
HI
I am sorry your dog is so sick with upper respiratory congestion. It would be best to try to take him in to an emergency veterinary clinic for an exam and work up or at least supportive care treatment, but if not possible, buy nasal saline (any pharmacy or grocery store in the cold/sinus care area) and put 6-8 drops in each nostril every 4-5 hours until you can get in. The saline drops will loosen up mucous. Good luck on this.
Dr. Jay Mawhinney

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback.
I hope all is going well.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Took him to the vet Monday morning. He had to be put down.

Sorry to hear that but was best if treatment options not possible. At least he is not suffering.