Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }

My bull terrier ate a small part of a sandwich plastic bag. what should i do?? she has no

My bull terrier ate a small part of a sandwich plastic bag. what should i do?? she has no reactions
Thanks for the question.

While I cannot diagnose Lillee's problem via the internet I can make the following general comments based on my past experience of such cases over the years :

In direct answer to your question : Dogs are very prone to chewing and swallowing objects including plastic wrappings as in your case. Most dogs particularly larger ones like Lillee will often get away with this sort of incident, if this was only a small piece the chances are it will just pass along her intestinal tract.

However be aware that though unlikely there is a potential for a problem to occur here. Monitor your dog for signs such as vomiting, lethargy, anorexia, abdominal pain or straining and if such symptoms occur then contact your vet without delay. The danger of course is that this plastic object could cause an intestinal tract obstruction or damage Lillee's intestinal tract which would be a very serious situation but as I say this would be unlikely.

If I have not covered your question fully enough or you would like to ask more I will be online for the next hour or so and I will be at your disposal.

Scott Nimmo BVMS, MRCVS.

I have over twenty five years full time experience in treating domestic pets and am pleased to do my best to advise you with your current problem. However please note that this advice and any subsequent advice I may give is for your interest and education only and is not intended as a substitute for an in-person consultation with a qualified veterinarian.
Hello again,

Thank you very much for the rating, If I can advise you again at any future point then do not hesitate to get in touch.

Kindest regards,