CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Experience:  Emergency and Critical Care Specialist

how to treat dog uti at home?

Customer Question

how to treat dog uti at home?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  CriticalCareVet replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a licensed veterinarian and specialist and will do my best to assist you today!

1) Has this been diagnosed as a UTI with testing?

2) IF NOT - what are the signs of illness?

3) Has he had this before?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
1. No
2. He has the urge to go but only drops come out. Can tell he is uncomfortable.

3. No
A UTI, (urinary tract infection) can worsen if not treated effectively. Most often there is a true, bacterial infection - E. coli being the most common type of bacteria seen.

If not treated, bacteria can travel up the tract and infect kidneys, leading to a worsening infection called a pyelonephritis.

The first step is to get a proper diagnosis with a urine evaluation - to look for bacteria and confirm the diagnosis of a UTI.

The mainstream to treat a UTI in dogs is with antibiotics.

A holistic approach can also be considered, an example being a homeopathic product such as THIS - CLICK HERE.

Cranberry can also be considered - CLICK HERE

Hope that helps and answers all your questions!

Before rating - Please REPLY at any time if more information is needed and I would be glad to reply back and help!

Positive RATING (EXCITED FACE or 5 STARS) and bonus is appreciated as this is the way the professional receives credit for their time. If for any reason the rating box is not visible or you are unable to enter a rating, please send me a message.

Please remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please STOP and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Join thousands of satisfied customers by adding me to your bookmarks/favorites: CriticalCareVet.
Just type your future question in the text box to direct it to my personal attention.

With this communication - we are here to guide you in making the best decision for your pet. This is for informational purposes only. We are not allowed to diagnose and prescribe medications - rather provide a course of action to speak to your veterinarian about - and any medical therapy and treatment should only be performed after an in-person examination with your veterinarian as a professional-client relationship has not been established on the site. While information may be discussed, this is not intended as an encouragement for you to self treat your pet, rather information online, and any treatment provided should only be performed after consulting your veterinarian