can a dog overdose on dasuquin. my 6 month old labgot into the bottle and maybe ate 20 or so tabs before I saw him.
Type of Animal: Labrador Retriever
Age: 6 mos
Name of Dog: Rowdy
nothing just happened
Welcome! I would be happy to assist you. I am a 2003 graduate from UC Davis and a Medical Director of a veterinarian practice.Hello, Well, am I worried about any organ toxicity. NoBut, could it still possibly cause some bad stomach or intestinal distress? YesSo, you'll have to keep an eye out for vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, or bloating (bloated or tense belly).If ingested within the past 1 hour, you could elect to induce vomiting to get it out.To induce vomiting at home, give 1 teaspoon for every 10 pounds of body weight of 3% hydrogen peroxide. ONLY use the 3% peroxide. If no vomiting within 15 minutes, the dose can be repeated. It is an irritant to the stomach lining, and that is why it causes vomiting. Hope that info helpsBut, not worried about organ toxicity.Dr. Andy Please remember to leave feedback by selecting a SMILEY FACE followed by “Submit”. If for any reason the rating box is not visible or you are unable to enter a rating, please send me a message. This is necessary, so I may receive credit from the website for my response, even if you are a subscribing member. Receiving bonuses is also greatly welcomed. This is meant to be a chat, and for this reason, it is very important that you respond using the REPLY TO EXPERT button if more information is needed BEFORE rating. Only rate my answer when you are finished replying. IF you feel the need to rate "bad" or "poor", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button. I would be happy to continue assisting further, and do everything I can to be of the greatest assistance. After we conclude this chat, I can be requested for additional questions through my profile. Join thousands of satisfied customers by adding me to your bookmarks/favorites at: Dr. Andy REMEMBER: Even after you submit feedback, you can still review our discussion or reply if needed. Unfortunately, I cannot legally prescribe medications or offer a definitive diagnosis without performing a physical examination, which is necessary to establish a client-patient-doctor relationship. Any medical therapy and treatment should only be performed after an in-person examination with your veterinarian. While information may be discussed, this is not intended as an encouragement for you to self treat your pet.
2003 UC Davis Veterinary Grad