Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, emphasis in dermatology, internal medicine, pain management

My 8 year old girl bull dog is peeing and pooping blood?

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! I would be happy to assist you. I am a 2003 graduate from UC Davis and a Medical Director of a veterinarian practice.

You need to immediately get Laney into a vet. when blood is present in both urine and feces, that could suggest a bleeding disorder.

Now, blood in urine alone could still be observed with bladder stones, urinary tract infections, vaginitis.

Blood in the feces suggests colitis.

Colitis in Dogs

But, when present in both, you could have any combination of both problems, as well as, the risk for a urinary tract infection.

Definitely, since we know there is no option to treat at home, this is well worth a vet visit today!

It is possible the vet may also suggest a blood test just to make sure clotting blood times are normal, a urine test to rule-out a urinary tract infection, and then some medication to treat each problem.

Hope that info helps

Please remember to leave feedback by selecting a SMILEY FACE followed by “Submit”. If for any reason the rating box is not visible or you are unable to enter a rating, please send me a message.
This is necessary, so I may receive credit from the website for my response, even if you are a subscribing member. Receiving bonuses is also greatly welcomed.

This is meant to be a chat, and for this reason, it is very important that you respond using the REPLY TO EXPERT button if more information is needed BEFORE rating. Only rate my answer when you are finished replying. IF you feel the need to rate "bad" or "poor", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button. I would be happy to continue assisting further, and do everything I can to be of the greatest assistance.

After we conclude this chat, I can be requested for additional questions through my profile. Join thousands of satisfied customers by adding me to your bookmarks/favorites at: Dr. Andy

REMEMBER: Even after you submit feedback, you can still review our discussion or reply if needed. Unfortunately, I cannot legally prescribe medications or offer a definitive diagnosis without performing a physical examination, which is necessary to establish a client-patient-doctor relationship. Any medical therapy and treatment should only be performed after an in-person examination with your veterinarian. While information may be discussed, this is not intended as an encouragement for you to self treat your pet.

Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience: UC Davis graduate, emphasis in dermatology, internal medicine, pain management
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 1 year ago.
If I may be of any further assistance in the future, please let me know. I was uncertain if my advice was helpful or informative without feedback?