One of my dogs ate a ant trap, is there something that i can do or something I should be wtaching out for?
Type of Animal: dog
Do you know the brand or type of the ant trap, or the chemical that is inside the trap?
combat souce kill max
And was it just the one trap? And how large is your dog?
Yes, just one trap, but I have three dogs. I have two labs weighing about 100 pds a piece, and a beagle weighing about 35 pds.
Michelle, Good news! One trap is not enough to cause toxicity in your pets.According to the MSDS (materials safety and data sheet) for this product and the ASPCA poison control, ingestion of LARGE amounts of the bait may cause gastrointestinal discomfort including nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, and lethargy. These should pass very quickly. One trap is not enough to cause these signs.Continued monitoring is a good idea. Do not induce vomiting. If your pet experiences any of the above signs that do not resolve in 24 hours, a Vet exam is recommended. In some pets the trap itself can become an obstruction. These signs would be similar to toxicity and include frequent vomiting that does not resolve and reluctance to eat after the first 24 hours.
Over 10 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.