CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Experience:  Emergency and Critical Care Specialist

Dog paws are red between toes. Any home remedies?

My dog's paws are swollen, red and irritated between toes. She's licking a lot. Any home remedies? I've been told it is yeast. I've changed diet many times. Any meds or creams, or shampoos recommended??? Shi-tsu mix.. so the long hair on her feet doesn't help. Groomer does poodle feet but problem remains.

Welcome to JustAnswer!
Common reasons for the signs you report would include:
- Infection of the paw (pododermatitis - LINK HERE)
- Allergies
For cases such as this, you can also see if there is an antibacterial shampoo (EXAMPLE HERE) that can be used on the affected area. You can dip the paw in the shampoo and warm water for 10-15 minutes twice daily.
If there is not an antibacterial shampoo you can use, then you can try another great alternative - a warm water / epsom salt foot bath (LINK HERE).
If your dog is licking at the area - an E-collar (EXAMPLE HERE) from your local pet store would also be a good idea to prevent further licking and irritation.
Finally - also from your local pet store you can purchase a protective boot for him to wear. A company that makes a great product is the MediPaw protective boot company. -EXAMPLE HERE
If this does not help - there are times when there can be a primary bacterial infection and seeing your veterinarian for examination and possibly antibiotics would then be a good idea.
Moreover, to help with the irritation, often in these cases we consider treatments with Benadryl (LINK HERE).