Veterinarian101, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian with further qualifications in Animal Behavior. Knowledgable on dog behavior and health.

Hi my name isXXXXX dog has blood in his semen. What does

Hi my name isXXXXX dog has blood in his semen. What does this mean?
Hi, I am an experience vet and happy to help.

Blood in the semen is most likely cause by inflammation and or infection in the prostate gland. This gland is located in their abdomen so you are not able to feel it. This is often called prostatitis and the usual treatment is antibiotics prescribed by you vet. HERE is a great article on this problem.

Hope this helps and let me know if you need further assistance.

This is meant to be a running dialog, and for this reason it is very IMPORTANT that you reply using the REPLY TO EXPERT button if more information is needed at any time BEFORE rating.

Positive RATING (EXCITED FACE or 5 STARS) is appreciated as this is the only way I know you have received the information and I receive credit for my time.

Please remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please STOP and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.