How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Louis Gotthelf Your Own Question
Dr. Louis Gotthelf
Dr. Louis Gotthelf, Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 2438
Experience:  35 years as a small animal veterinarian in a clinical practice and a skin and ear clinic
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Louis Gotthelf is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my dog has ingested sevin dust what is the best antidote

Resolved Question:

my dog has ingested sevin dust what is the best antidote
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Louis Gotthelf :

Hi. I'm Dr. Gotthelf. I have been a vet for 33 years and I would like to use my experience to help you with your pet's medical problem.

Dr. Louis Gotthelf :

Sevin dust is not terribly toxic to dogs, depending on how much the dog ingested. Atropine sulfate is the antidote to Sevin. It can be repeated every 8 hours when there are symptoms present, like salivation, vomiting, and muscle tremors.

Dr. Louis Gotthelf and 2 other Dog Veterinary Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Dr. Louis Gotthelf replied 4 years ago.
Hi larry young,

I'm just following up on our conversation about butterfly. How is everything going?

Dr. Louis Gotthelf

Related Dog Veterinary Questions