Have Dog Health Questions? Ask a Dog Vet Online.
Hi there -- Welcome to Just Answers. You are working with Dr. BJ Hughes --
Is Jax healthy otherwise?
I understand your concerns -- did he eat one gel capsule?
Thank you -- give me a minute to research this product.
Very good -- if the vomiting occured before an hour after ingestion -- then most of the ingested product was likely removed.
This is not a highly toxic product -- and oral suspensions of miconazole are available for use in dogs (though this is uncommon).
SO everything should be fine --
The product is removed from the body within 24 hours after ingestion.
The amount of this particular product is fairly-- did he eat the entire 1200 mg amount ?
Very good -- I did find a toxic oral toxic dosage for miconazole - and this is well below that amount. Most of it should have been removed -- and side effects should be minimal.
Some mild diarrhea may be seen starting 24 -- 48 hours after ingestion.
At this time -- giving water and food would be advised. You can give a balnd food (such as cooked white rice) for the next 24 hours.
Since this is an anti fungal product, you may wish to give a probiotic starting tomorrow am., This is a product that will help replenish the normal flora of the intestine.
These products can be purchased at pet stores.
or vet clinics (eg. Purina Fortiflora)
So everything should be ok --
Is there anything else I might assist you with this evening?
You are most welcome -- \