CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Experience:  Emergency and Critical Care Specialist

cocker spaniel: with Queen ann Legs (front

Good Morning,

I have a freind that has a Coker Spaniel puppy with "Queen Ann Legs" (front) it's not severe, but i was wondering what care/health implacations this could have? the puppy has been offered to me for free as I dont work dogs and he cant be sold as a gun dog so has no valve to him.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Hi Paul - Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a licensed veterinarian and would be glad to help!

We can see this as a form of elbow dysplasia.

While this dog may have no issues throughout life, there is a concern this can lead to gait abnormalities or even arthritis later in life.

This may be the reason the dog is unable to be sold.

This dog may be a fantastic companion and a good dog for you - but not likely a good one for an active hunter or an agility dog.

If you have any follow-up questions - please do not hesitate to ask!

Otherwise - please remember to click ACCEPT. If we have exited the chat session, you may click a “Happy Face” followed by “Submit”.

Find me any time if needed:

You can always request me through my profile, bookmark my page for future help, or beginning your question with “For CriticalCareVet
Please click the "
GREEN ACCEPT" button if the information I have provided has been of help so I receive credit for helping you. Bonuses are always welcome and appreciated.

This is necessary so that I can get credit for assisting you and compensated for my time.

Once you click accept, your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.

Also remember, sometimes the medical information and recommendation may not be what you want to hear, but it is being made in the best interest of your pet - please be courteous in your response, even if this is not exactly what you wanted to hear - we are only making the best and safest possible recommendations for you and your loved ones.

Please keep in mind that if you do not list all the important information above (medical history, current medications, previous illness, etc) it is harder for me to give you the most complete information.

With this communication - we are here to guide you in making the best decision for your pet. This is for informational purposes only. We are not allowed to diagnose and prescribe medications - rather provide a course of action to speak to your veterinarian about - and any medical therapy and treatment should only be performed after an in-person examination with your veterinarian as a professional-client relationship has not been established on the site. While information may be discussed, this is not intended as an encouragement for you to self treat your pet, rather information online, and any treatment provided should only be performed after consulting your veterinarian.