Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian

Lost of appetite Lethargic Watery eyes

Lost of appetite
Watery eyes
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. I'm very sorry to hear about Ryleigh's chronic ear issues. How long in between are the ear infections happening? Are you treating the ears in between infections?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Diffident, dog
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 4 years ago.
I'm not sure how that happened, but another posting I made came up on here. Sorry about that. How long has the loss of appetite been present with Bones? Is he having weight loss? Any vomiting?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
About 3 days for the lost of appetite, he does seem a bit thinner, no vomiting
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 4 years ago.
Is he having diarrhea? Is he eating anything or total loss of appetite? Is he drinking any water?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No diarrhea, he ate about half a can (22oz) of dog food today. He is drinking water
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 4 years ago.
Is he coughing? Having nasal discharge? Is he acting painful?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No coughing, he did sneeze this morning, no nasal discharge, not acting painful, but moving slower than usual.
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 4 years ago.
Ok. This is tough. What you're describing with Bones is a very open situation. Nothing specific is jumping up at this time. Maybe the best case scenario is that he's dealing with an upper respiratory infection and it has him down. They can cause inflammation of the ocular tissue (but more significant cases have obvious nasal discharge and sneezing). Could it be present in a mild form and just having him down and decreased with his appetite? It is good that he's not having diarrhea, vomiting, and that he's drinking and ate that 1/2 can of food. Right now, obviously the best thing to do would be to have him seen by your vet to have a physical exam done on him. That combined with any testing will help to shed more light on this. Is it something more that needs specific therapy? Is this something that just needs some more time for him to get over? There is the unknown.