Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a licensed veterinarian and would be glad to help!
In regards XXXXX XXXXX concern, it is unclear / unknown if the grape kidney toxin is destroyed when making wine.
Typically - with the amount in the sauce / wine - the ethanol toxicity would be more of a concern before the wine (grape) itself, but since there is an unknown, the recommendation in these cases is to avoid this type of ingestion regardless.
ok what about tomato sauce without wine...is that safe
Tomato sauce is fine, with the concern being stomach upset, rather than toxicity.
ok thank you
You are very welcome.
If you have any follow-up questions - please do not hesitate to ask! Otherwise - please remember to click ACCEPTFind me any time if needed: http://www.justanswer.com/veterinary/expert-criticalcarevet You can always request me through my profile, bookmark my page for future help, or beginning your question with “For CriticalCareVet”
ok i remember that