My 8 mo old great dane (approx 120lbs) just ate one and a half packs of gum from my purse while I was in another room. It was the 5 brand of gum which does not contain xylitol, but sorbital. Should I be overly concerned?
Type of Animal: Dog - Great Dane
Pet's Gender: Male
Pet's Age: 8 months
Hi there, Goodness he is going to be a big guy and you do not have to worry about the sorbitol. Only the Xylitol and I am so pleased that many like yourself know of the toxic effects of xylitol in dogs.
Internship and residency at UCD, 47 years experience.