Dr. John
Dr. John, Small animal veterinarian, ER vet
Experience:  significant surgical and medicine background, currently working as emergency clinic veterinarian
22143564

What does the chewable 100 mg. of Rimadyl & its generic = look

Customer Question

What does the chewable 100 mg. of Rimadyl & its generic = look like?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 2 years ago.

Dr. John :

Thank you for your question. Are you asking what the pills look like?

Customer :

yes the manufacturer Phizer?

Dr. John :

Rimadyl looks like this with a distinct "R" on the tablet

Dr. John :

Full Size Image

Dr. John :

And yes, it is made by Pfizer animal health

Customer :

what about generic....cap...something

Dr. John :

There are several generics...

Dr. John :

This is an example of one---

Dr. John :

Full Size Image

Dr. John :

Here is another

Dr. John :

Full Size Image

Dr. John :

And another

Dr. John :

Full Size Image

Dr. John :

All with the active ingredient carprofen

Customer :

I need to see the med not the container...anything w/ a B on one side & an A on the other

Dr. John :

I'm confused as to what your objective is? Did your dog eat some unidentified pills?

Customer :

no he did not...I think my vet tried to switch meds because deramaxx isn't available anymore

Dr. John :

Oh okay, I understand. Well carprofen is typically a twice daily medication, does he still have you giving this once daily?

Dr. John :

Here is a pill for Novox, one of the more common generics of carprofen---

Dr. John :

Full Size Image

Customer :

yes...but they say its 100mg of deramaxx in 1/4 1 x a day to = his uaual doseage of 25 mg

Customer :

sorry for the confusion

Dr. John :

So it is Deramaxx then?

Dr. John :

This is what the 100mg looks like ----

Dr. John :

Full Size Image

Customer :

thats what I am trying to figure out ...if it s IS deramaxx or did they sub. rimadyl or generic because they no longer have the 25mg of deramaxx

Dr. John :

Yes - does it look like that pill above? That is a 100mg deramaxx

Customer :

bingo....thanks guess I don't trust my vet

Customer :

you have given me peace of mind

Dr. John :

So it does not look like that? Hmmm, not sure what you were given then

Dr. John :

I would definitely call and find out exactly what you have there then!

Dr. John :

This is a 75mg

Dr. John :

Full Size Image

Dr. John :

In case it is that one

Customer :

they had already 1/4 them they didn't smell like the 25mg. he has had 3-4-days of more lethergy(hes 14) than usual so I became questioning...

Dr. John :

Ahh understood. Well I would definitely question the vet of what the are then, especially if they don't look like any of the images I sent you

Customer :

it may be the 100mg but because they are 1/4 its like a darn puzzle to pc. it together thanks for the info

Dr. John :

You are very welcome, yes I could imagine, especially since you have to find four 1/4 pieces that go together

Dr. John :

Well good luck, I hope I was able to provide some assistance

Customer :

ok bye

Dr. John :

bye

Dr. John :

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Please click the "
ACCEPT" button when you are satisfied with the answer. This will ensure that I am compensated for helping you. Bonuses and positive feedback are very much appreciated. You will be able to refer back to our discussion after hitting accept.

Understand that the purpose of this communication is to guide you in making informed decisions for your pet with recommendations of diagnostics and treatments that you can discuss with your veterinarian, as a patient-client relationship has not been established on the site (this requires a physical examination).

You can always request me through my profile (Dr. John) if you would like further assistance in the future with your pets.

Expert:  Dr. John replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Dr. John replied 2 years ago.
Please click the "ACCEPT" button when you are satisfied with the answer. This will ensure that I am compensated for helping you. Bonuses and positive feedback are very much appreciated. You will be able to refer back to our discussion after hitting accept.