Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

i think my dog has something stuck on his throat, what can

i think my dog has something stuck on his throat, what can i do, i already gave him a piece of bread
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 years ago.
Aloha! You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin
Have you seen him eat something that could have become stuck in his throat? Is he gagging and coughing and if so was he around other dogs 3-10 days ago when he could have picked up tracheobronchitis ("kennel cough")? Is he hypersalivating and/or pawing at his mouth? Thank you in advance!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

he chew today the only the ends of a chicken leg drumstick bone

If the chicken leg splintered apart a splinter could have lodged in the back of his mouth or throat. You'll need to carefully open his mouth wide and look for chicken bone. In general, however, if something is stuck in a dog's mouth, the dog will salivate excessively and paw his mouth - even stick his paw down his mouth. What symptoms are you currently seeing?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
he is not salivating at all , somethimes he is calm and sleeping but sometimes he make strange noise like he is chocking
Thank you! That doesn't sound as if something is stuck. If he has developed a choking cough, he probably picked up an upper respiratory infection called tracheobronchitis. It's not serious but can sound alarming. It normally goes away by itself within 7-10 days. Another strange sound that owners comment on is what we call "backward sneezing". It's a sound that our dogs (and cats) can make when they spastically inhale...sort of like you might imagine when "something goes down the wrong pipe". I see backward sneezing more in the small dogs than big but any size dog can do it. Here's a video of a backward sneeze - tell me if this is what you're seeing/hearing:
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, it doesnt sound the same than in the video ,he sounds like he is chocking or has something in his throat if thats the case what can i do? can iwait until tomorrow to take him to the vet or its an emergency?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
he sounds like he wants to vomit but he cant
If he calms and sleeps, he isn't presenting as an emergency and you can wait until tomorrow to have him seen. You may be seeing him regurgitating but not bringing anything up. As you might imagine without my seeing/hearing him I'm confused whether he is exhibiting a respiratory problem (choking) or a gastrointestinal problem (trying to vomit). I'll keep your question open for other experts to give their ideas.