Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

dog: dark d greenish 2.fogging of film can be associated..dark room

Customer Question

i have somw questions that i need help with

1 if the machine is set at 40kV when it should have been set at 50kV the film would look

a grainy
b light
c dark
d greenish

2.fogging of film can be associated with all of the folllowing?

a a light leak in the dark room
b film stored too close to the radiation area
c film stored where it's hot and humid
d decreased chemical tempature

3 you're radiographing a large dog abdomen and need to use a grid to make the image. The grid you've selected had a ratio od 12:1. By what amount do you need to increase the kVp?

A 6
b 8
c 10
d 20

4 using santes rule what would the kVp be for a 14 cm abdomen using no grid and an SID of 40 inches?

a 68
b 78
c 94
d 108

4 if the machine is set at 40 Kv when it should have been set at 50 kV the film would look?

a grainy
b light
c dark
d greenish

5 you've been assigned the task of radiographing a small dog with a suspected vertebral disk problem the dog is ahitatied and won't hold still even though it's been tranquilizers what is the best way to proceed?

a increase the dose of the mecdiaction even tough the maxium recommended dose was already given
b tighten the knots in the ropes you're using with the positioning aids
c have several assistants come in and hold the dog while you take the radiograph
d put the dog back in the cage and try again later, after consulting with the vet

6 you've taken a radiograph of a cat, and the image came out slightly too light the kVp was set at 65 what change should you make?

a increase by 0.65
b increase by 6.5
c decrease by 0.65
d decrease by 6.5

7 the thorax technique chart uses ---- readiation on average than the abdomen technique chart?

a 50% less
b 50% more
c 10% less
d 10% more
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 2 years ago.
1. B

2. D

3. A

4. B

5. D

6. B

7. C

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm still confused on some of the questions that you have anwered for me

on question three and question 4 on how did you get that answer the book dosen't give any info

on question two i told you wrong the question is

fogging on film can be associated with all of the following execpt?

a a light leak in the darkroom

c film stored where it's too hot and humid

d decrease chemical temperature

Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 2 years ago.
Oh you posted 2 4's. I'm not sure about the Santes rule. Not sure what that is. The KVP one- if you up the KVP's, the image will be darker.

Fogging: A, that should expose, not fog.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a few questions

1 administration of drugs via a stomach tube in cattle can be made with the use of a ?

a catheter tipped syringe

b biopsy needle

c pilling gun

d frick speculum

2 you need to medicate a 100 gram bird but none of the drug available are of the proper strength for the small brid what law or regulation enables veterinarians to compound drugs?

a AMDUCA

b compliance policy guide (608.4000

c veterinary feed directive

d green book laws

3 you're using a butterfly catheter to administer an intravenous drug swelling begins to show at the injection site this is a case of?

a intrathecal injection

b extravascular injection

c a normal iv during injection

d infection

Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 2 years ago.
1- A
2- A
3- B
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

one more question

1 you have a cow that needs an injection of a drug but is due to go to the slaughter in 30 days what organization would you contact regrading drug residue times and whether you can give the drug?

a FARAD

b OSHA

c USDA

d AVMA

Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 2 years ago.
C