Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a licensed veterinarian and would be glad to help!
In a case such as this, happening over 2 days ago - with vomiting, X-Rays are needed as soon as possible.
If just stomach upset - that is something we can deal with.
If this is a blockage from the foreign material - emergency surgery may be needed.
This is very important and I would strongly recommend seeing your vet and x-rays as soon as possible!
Good luck and please let me know how it goes!
Find me any time if needed: http://www.justanswer.com/veterinary/expert-criticalcarevet You can always request me through my profile, bookmark my page for future help, or beginning your question with “For CriticalCareVet”____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Please click the "GREEN ACCEPT" button if the information I have provided has been of help so I receive credit for helping you. Bonuses are always welcome and appreciated.This is necessary so that I can get credit for assisting you and compensated for my time.Once you click accept, your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.Also remember, sometimes the medical information and recommendation may not be what you want to hear, but it is being made in the best interest of your pet - please be courteous in your response, even if this is not exactly what you wanted to hear - we are only making the best and safest possible recommendations for you and your loved ones.Please keep in mind that if you do not list all the important information above (medical history, current medications, previous illness, etc) it is harder for me to give you the most complete information.With this communication - we are here to guide you in making the best decision for your pet. This is for informational purposes only. We are not allowed to diagnose and prescribe medications - rather provide a course of action to speak to your veterinarian about - and any medical therapy and treatment should only be performed after an in-person examination with your veterinarian as a professional-client relationship has not been established on the site.
Is there anything I ca try before taking him to the vet?
No - there is nothing safe I can recommend.
Is there anything else i can try before taking him in
No - there is not.
I would STRONGLY recommend x-rays if your dog ate this and has been vomiting for 2 days.
There is not another medically sound recommendation