brisadog
brisadog,
Experience:  dasdasd
25524280

My Dog has sudden weakness in the hind legs, not able to stand

My Dog has sudden weakness in the hind legs, not able to stand until she has a movement and possibly convulsion. She has been diagnostic-ed with kidney problems from blood work and is on a Hills KD also takes Rimadyl.
Did your vet mention anything about conscious propriocetion? Or did they flip over her paws and see if she turned them back the right way?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
he did do a reflex check, the information he does not have is she has relief soon after she has a movement. She has laid in bed and suffered up to 16 hour unable to stand on he hid legs, panting and shaking. She was better after I took her outside.
So to clarify, do you mean that she seems to be able to stand more easily and comfortably after a bowel movement?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes

I understand. There is no reason that she should be less weak or less neurologically impaired after a bowel movement.

I am concerned that she has been exhibiting signs of pain. Panting and shaking can be caused by pain. Abdominal discomfort may make her too painful to stand.

Dogs in chronic kidney failure are often somewhat dehydrated, and thus they become constipated with dry hard stool. I recommend trying to get her to drink as much as possible right now. Offer dilute chicken broth and tuna juice to keep her well hydrated. You can also sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of over the counter Miralax on her food at each meal. This can help to keep her stool softer as well.

Good luck.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. If you are satisfied with my answer, please click on the green Accept button. Positive feedback is always appreciated. Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank You
You're welcome!