DrChristineM, Veterinarian
Experience:  6 years in small animal medicine treating dogs and cats.

Weight loss with good appetite

Weight loss with good appetite
Has there been any vomiting or loose stools/diarrhea?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He ocassionally has a loose stool and then his next will be fine. his energy level is normal (through the roof) and doesn't seem like he is experiencing any discomfort. He does pace quite a bit. ne never seems to settle down just going all the time.

Have you had his stool checked for intestinal parasites?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He has been wormed twice, I have just moved to this area and dont have a vet yet.

What was used to deworm him?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you. Ivermectin is not a general dewormer--it only covers a couple of intestinal parasites, so I have to be suspicious that this may be what is going on since he is a young dog.

Some parasites are pretty "silent"--you won't see them in the stool and they may only cause mild symptoms like occasional loose stool.

I would strongly recommend that you have a stool sample checked for parasites and if any are found, get him treated appropriately.

If negative, there are multiple possibilities for the symptoms that you are describing--food allergy, kidney disease, malabsorption syndrome, metabolic disorders, etc. These things are going to be far more difficult to diagnose and treat than parasites, so it makes sense to start there.

I hope this helps, please let me know if I can answer any other questions.