Dr. Drew
Dr. Drew, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Small Animal Medicine and Surgery
6340741

Are OlRoy grilled chicken strips a good treat for my 12 year

Are Ol'Roy grilled chicken strips a good treat for my 12 year old Aussie Terrier? Are grilled strips ok for him in general?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Drew replied 5 years ago.
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer! I am a licensed veterinarian, and I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. the concern with chicken strips, is that most of them are made in China, and there's been significant problems with contamination with bacteria and chemicals. If the product you're interested in is made in China, I'd strongly suggest not feeding it.

There's nothing harmful about chicken in particular -- it's just sloppy quality control and production practices that are observed by the lowest-bidder factories that produce many of these pet products.