CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Experience:  Emergency and Critical Care Specialist

My dog was vomiting white vomit with foam she wont eat or drink,

My dog was vomiting white vomit with foam she wont eat or drink, I took her to the emergency hospital last night and the vet today. The took her blood and said her white blood count was a little low she had exray's today and they didnt find anything they also gave her a shot to stop the vomiting however she still will not eat or drink I even made her boiled hamburger and rice. I'm very worried what can I do I have spent 400 dollars in the last two days with no results.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  CriticalCareVet replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a licensed veterinarian and would be glad to help!

Did they prescribe any medications for Bella?

Has the vomiting stopped?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the vomiting has stopped since they gave her the shot and did they did not perscribe any mends however she still will not eat or drink and she is not herself I can tell something is wrong
Therapies to consider include:

1) Starting a bland diet such as boiled chicken and rice (2/3 rice and 1/3 chicken).

2) Antacids for stomach upset such as Famotidine (Pepcid A/C) - LINK HERE or Prilosec OTC (Omeprazole) - LINK HERE

3) Pedialyte for hydration - LINK HERE

4) Prescription medications for nausea from your veterinarian such as Cerenia (LINK HERE) or Zofran (LINK HERE)

5) Appetite stimulants such as Remeron (LINK HERE)

Hopefully this just needs a little time with no other signs of illness.

If the signs really do not resolve,
I would consider an abdominal ultrasound.

This will give you a completely NON-invasive and easy look at all of the abdominal organs - the stomach, intestines, liver, spleen, pancreas, etc.

That will help determine if there is a belly infection or pancreatitis which can explain your signs as well, and better help direct specific therapy.

If you are not familiar with this procedure, this link (CLICK HERE) will help

I hope this information helps!
Please click the "GREEN ACCEPT" if the information I have provided has been of help so I receive credit for helping you. Bonuses are always welcome and appreciated.

This is necessary so that I can get credit for assisting you and compensated for my time.

Once you click accept, your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.

Please keep in mind that if you do not list all the important information above (medical history, current medications, previous illness, etc) it is harder for me to give you the most complete information.

With this communication - we are here to guide you in making the best decision for your pet. We are not allowed to diagnose and prescribe medications - rather provide a course of action to speak to your veterinarian about - and any medical therapy and treatment should only be performed after an in-person examination with your veterinarian as a professional-client relationship has not been established on the site.

You can always request me through my profile (HERE) or beginning your question with “For CriticalCareVet

Please click (HERE) for important information.