CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Experience:  Emergency and Critical Care Specialist

Our dog has what looks like pink feet. He is a white dog and

Our dog has what looks like pink feet. He is a white dog and we walk him regularly. He licks his feet a lot.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  DrChristineM replied 5 years ago.
Do you mean the fur or the skin between the toes? I'm not sure exactly what you are describing when you say he has "pink feet"?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We have noticed that his feet seem pink if he gets in the grass and his feet get wet. While walking him the other day we met a neighbor whose dog had the same problem and he said that his vet said their dog had allergies. Riley's skin seems pink, not the hair on his feet. Since he is licking it I was afraid if he had any type of infection that it could transfer to his mouth. Even if he gets wet all over the only part of his skin that looks pink is his feet.
Expert:  CriticalCareVet replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a licensed veterinarian and would be glad to help!

With your description above - yes, the pink feet, licking of the feet, and history you report is consistent with allergies in dogs, otherwise known as generalized atopy - LINK HERE

Dogs with atopy/allergies often have signs such as licking and biting at the body.

Often in these cases we consider treatments such as steroids (Prednisone - LINK HERE) or antihistamines such as Benadryl (LINK HERE).

If the signs continue, I would speak to your veterinarian about those options above as well as to evaluate the skin itself to look for an infection.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please click the "GREEN ACCEPT" if the information I have provided has been of help so I receive credit for helping you. Bonuses are always welcome and appreciated.

Once you click accept, your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.

Please keep in mind that if you do not list all the important information above (medical history, current medications, previous illness, etc) it is harder for me to give you the most complete information.

With this communication - we are here to guide you in making the best decision for your pet. We are not allowed to diagnose and prescribe medications - rather provide a course of action to speak to your veterinarian about - and any medical therapy and treatment should only be performed after an in-person examination with your veterinarian as a professional-client relationship has not been established on the site.

You can always request me through my profile (HERE) or beginning your question with “For CriticalCareVet
CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Experience: Emergency and Critical Care Specialist