Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic dogs, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.

my dog has his tail between his legs and wont put his tail

my dog has his tail between his legs and wont put his tail up. he is still running around and eating. has he hurt his bottom

Thanks for using, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

What breed of dog is he?

Is the tail limp and dangling or tucked tightly between his legs?

If you touch or lightly squeeze at the connection of his tail to his back does he complain?

Dr. Dan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
he is a poodle, his tail tucked tightly between his legs. no he doesnt complain when i touch his tail, but moves when you touch it
I suspect he has an irritated or infected anal gland. The anal glands are little scent filled sacs on either side of the rear end just inside his anus. Every dog and cat has a pair and they are similar to but much less potent than a skunk's. If these glands get clogged and/or infected they can become intensely painful and very suddenly so. This is generally not an emergency and sometimes the problem can fix itself with time, if your pooch is still having problems with this by Monday then have him examined, other than that there really isn't much you can do at home. I hope this helps, best wishes.

Dr. Dan