Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.

My dog is licking is paw, skin is very red between his toes,

My dog is licking is paw, skin is very red between his toes, he don't want to let me to touch it.
Hello, I am Dr. Peter a licensed Veterinarian. I would like to help. I need to ask you a few questions to be well informed and give you the best advise. There is no additional charge for information request.

1- Is it one or all four paws?
2- How long has this been going on?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Just one paw the front right one and it's been 2 days now and getting redder

From your description it sounds like he has "pododermatitis" which is inflammation with an infection of the digits in the paw. This is what you can do:

1- Most important part of the treatment is to stop the licking or it will not get better. Pick up an ecollar (cone) in your vet's office or local pet store. Have him wear the collar until the paw is all healed.

2- Pick up an antibacterial soap/shampoo; ideally with the active ingredient "chlorhexidine." There is a shampoo called chlorhexiderm, if you can find this that would be great. Dilute one tablespoon for every cup of water. Soak his paws for 5-10 minutes 2-3 times a day.

3- After soaking as above, flush with water and dry. Then, apply a topical antibiotic like neosporin or bacitracin. Do this 2-3 times a day for the next 10-14 days.

4- If no significant improvement within 2-3 days, have him checked by your family veterinarian.

Hope the above helps, if you have additional questions I will be glad to answer them.

Dr. Peter