DrRalston, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Over twelve years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.

my dog has a pimple like bump on her upper eyelid, can I pop

my dog has a pimple like bump on her upper eyelid, can I pop it
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer! I am a Veterinarian and will help you right away!

No, I don't think that popping it is a good idea.

First this is probably a type of tumor. The most common in that location is a meibomian gland tumor. It is essentially a gland that is producing oils that are secreted to the eyelid to help lubricate the eyelid on the eye.

These are usually benign tumors and do not necessarily require removal unless they are rubbing on the eye and the dog is squinting, or has cloudiness of the cornea, or might even have blood shot appearance indicating that it is harming the eye and causing permanent damage.

It may look like it can be "popped" but all you will do is excrete the fluid around the gland. The tumor will still be present and will be likely to become infected.

Best option I can give you if you don't have it removed is to just leave it alone!
Please click the "GREEN ACCEPT" if the information I have provided has been of help so I receive credit for helping you. Bonuses are always welcome and appreciated.

Once you click accept, your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.

You can always request me through my profile (HERE) or beginning your question with “For DrRalston”