CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Experience:  Emergency and Critical Care Specialist

can humans get a viral pink eye from a dog

Customer Question

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  CriticalCareVet replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a licensed veterinarian and would be glad to help!

The good news is that NO - humans are not going to get viral pink eye from a dog (and the other way ardound, dogs can not get it from humans).

I hope this helps!

Please click the "GREEN ACCEPT" if the information I have provided has been of help so I receive credit for helping you. Bonuses are always welcome and appreciated.

Once you click accept, your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.

Please keep in mind that if you do not list all the important information above (medical history, current medications, previous illness, etc) it is harder for me to give you the most complete information.

You can always request me through my profile (HERE) or beginning your question with “For CriticalCareVet