Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 15 years.
53976849

WHITE STUFF COMING OUT OF MY DOGS EYES . wHAT CAN i do

WHITE STUFF COMING OUT OF MY DOGS EYES . wHAT CAN i do???
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 3 years ago.

dogdoc4u :

Hi there and welcome to Just answer!! I am Dr. Altman, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your questions.

dogdoc4u :

Is it all day or mostly in the morning after waking up?

Customer:

all day

dogdoc4u :

Is there any redness to the white of the eye or the inner eyelid?

Customer:

alittle

dogdoc4u :

Is he/ she rubbing them a lot? On a range of one to ten, one being no rubbing and ten being constant rubbing.

Customer:

no

dogdoc4u :

Is there any haziness to the cornea of the eye or is it clear?

Customer:

1

Customer:

I don't know

dogdoc4u :

It sounds like it is likely due to debris or allergies. There are a few things we can try but if there is no change over the weekend I would advise you to have your dog examined by a veterinarian for more aggressive treatment.

dogdoc4u :

Can you see through the middle of the eye or is there haziness to it?

Customer:

I DON., KNOW

dogdoc4u :

For allergies: 1 mg/ pound benadryl every 8 hours to decrease the discharge and saline flush for contact lenses every 12 hours to flush out any debris in the eyes

Customer:

WOULD THE DYE IN THE FOOD BE THE CAUSE

dogdoc4u :

No

dogdoc4u :

Likely to be allergies if both eyes are affected so I would recommend trying to treat as if it is and if there is no change over the weekend, have your dog examined for possibly more aggressive topical treatment

dogdoc4u :

Does this make sense?

Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience: Practicing small animal veterinarian for 15 years.