Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, emphasis in dermatology, internal medicine, pain management
14008320

My 80lb lab ate about 15 grapes about an hour ago he has since

My 80lb lab ate about 15 grapes about an hour ago
he has since eaten his chow
he seems ok
do i really need to make him vomit?
Some good news....You have a large breed dog.
As a small breed, I would be more concerned.

It is true that grapes can be toxic to dogs.

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2&aid=2409

So, based on the link, at 1/3 ounce per pound, that is several ounces worth to cause toxicity in a 80 pound dog.

So, not much concern.
I would still advise you to monitor for any symptoms of illness, and still notify your vet of any concerns.

Good Luck

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I greatly appreciate when you click “ACCEPT” if you have found the advice helpful or informative, so I may receive credit for the answer. Receiving feedback and bonuses is happily welcomed.
The answer provided is for information only. Unfortunately, I cannot legally prescribe medications or offer a definitive diagnosis without performing a physical examination. If you have any concerns please contact your primary veterinarian, or contact an ER facility if this is an emergency. REMEMBER: Even after you click "ACCEPT" and your question closes, you can still review our discussion.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
should they benn made to vomit with something such as peroxide or will that do more harm?
Generally,
If I were to suggest vomiting, I would recommend within 1 hour of ingestion, if going to be of any benefit.

Certainly, the peroxide causes some harm, as it is designed to induce stomach upset to induce vomiting. That, of course, is easily corrected, with antacids afterwards.

So, to sleep better, you could still induce vomiting.

To induce vomiting at home, give 1 teaspoon for every 10 pounds of body weight of 3% hydrogen peroxide. If no vomiting within 15 minutes, the dose can be repeated. It is an irritant to the stomach lining, and that is why it causes vomiting.