Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, emphasis in dermatology, internal medicine, pain management
14008320

my female yorkie has a lump in her stomach and not just one...

my female yorkie has a lump in her stomach and not just one... it is down her right side... my left. It feels hard biut squishy at the same time. any advice? I am so scared
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 3 years ago.
How old is your Yorkie?
Is the lump in an area you would call her belly button or more off to the side?

How long as it been there?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
she will be 3 next year... i noticed hardness around a few of her nipples a few weeks ago and her urine started to stink real bad... I came home from a trip last night and she has this...on her upper 4 nips... nothing 5th and 6th 2 lumps almost flat feeling. then on her 7th one on her right a lump none on 8th and that seems to travel down into the 9th then right up to her vagina but there is none on her left last two nipples close to her vagina... so i think its more to the sides. but there is more than one:( this could have only been there for a week maybe at MOST
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 3 years ago.
Okay, very difficult.
For some many of these lumps to appear in this description, I cannot rule-out welts associated with a hypersensitivity reactiono of some type. For all of this to occur in such a short period of time I am a bit concerned.

It would be well worth getting into a vet for some supportive care. If for any reason they think it is a allergic condition, that would be fine, as the vet can start some steroids and a antihistamine to resolve the problem.

If the vet is unsure, they may recommend doing a simple fine needle aspirate test to help identify what one of these lumps may be.

A fine-needle aspirate test is performed usually without anesthesia and is very quick. Your veterinarian takes a few needle samples from the lump (the needle is no larger than the needle used to give vaccines). The sample is smeared on to microscope slides and submitted to the laboratory. It is not always as definitive as a biopsy (this is a full tissue sample), but often it can yield enough information to help guide you and your vet as to whether a biopsy is needed, or if surgery should be performed.

Now, even if the urine doesn't smell now, that should be addressed at the same time with a simple urinalysis. got to make sure no urinary tract infection exists as a separate problem.

That's where I would start. But, until a vet can evaluate her I am a bit concerned because this could be something simple to treat, but delay of care could cause problems.

Good Luck

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I greatly appreciate when you click “ACCEPT” if you have found the advice helpful or informative, so I may receive credit for the answer. Receiving feedback and bonuses is happily welcomed.
The answer provided is for information only. Unfortunately, I cannot legally prescribe medications or offer a definitive diagnosis without performing a physical examination. If you have any concerns please contact your primary veterinarian, or contact an ER facility if this is an emergency. REMEMBER: Even after you click "ACCEPT" and your question closes, you can still review our discussion.
Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience: UC Davis graduate, emphasis in dermatology, internal medicine, pain management
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did not add this but she is biting on herself a lot. Her feet mainly and it almost looks like dirt but there are little black dots on her belly and by her genitals but i can washi it off... she does not act any different or even like she is in pain and im not sure when the last time she pooped was but her urine has smelt like this before but usually only when she is going into heat... I am nervous as to how much the bill will be i may take her to banfield where i can get that program on her. She is full blood yorkie and cost me 1700 dollars... now here is one more thing... I have been fighting with my mom because i have caught her SEVERAL times feeding her JUNK. churros cinnaom rolls candy and even peanut and butter sandwiches and allowing her to drink diet coke... Not like the whole amount of those foods but that worries me as well since i have her and my other yorkie on a STRICT diet of dog food only.... it also seems that she can onlyn pee a little now after her and my boy dog hooked up one time under my MOMS watch... and she was not even in heat,... can you answer that?
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 3 years ago.
Biting a lot could easily support some type of hypersensitivity reaction.

Now, if going after the feet, that can support underlying food and/or environmental allergies as well.

She needs to have a urine test performed to check her for a urinary tract infection. Very important

All the human food she is getting....
Tell your mom, if she causes a severe gastritis or pancreatitis, she can pay the $1000+ bill for her to be hospitalized because her vomiting and diarrhea won't stop.
The food items she is permitting your dog to eat is unethical, unhealthy, and is going to cause her possible serious gastrointestinal problems.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
okay. today is a holiday and i live pretty far away from chandler... do you think i would be okay to take her tomorrow morning?
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 3 years ago.
Based on your description, I would say no.

You said you were very scared in opening question, so I must suggest earlier examination.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
okay. I will just take her in. thanks!
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 3 years ago.
You are very welcome.