Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic dogs, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

My 7 week old puppy keeps trying to urinate and only drips.

My 7 week old puppy keeps trying to urinate and only drips. This started today and now she is constantly trying to go. She is still very active.
Hello!

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

This is a very common description for a urinary tract infection. When the urine becomes infected it will cause a tremendous urge to urinate. This is why she constantly tries to urinate. Because it is only a sensation and not actual urine then that is why very little if any urine is coming out. When next available take her in to her vet who will confirm this with a urine test and antibiotics will fix her right up!

I hope this helps, best wishes.
Dr. Dan