Hi there --
Did he lick it ? ingest the bait? or eat any of the packaging?
How long ago? and How big is your dog?
She ingested some of the liquid bait. (sorry, typo in gender). It was about 30 minutes ago and she is 25 lbs.
ok -- usually this is not a problem -- but let me double check ---
Just a minute ---
TERRO® Liquid Ant Bait is a sweet food based product similar to pancake syrup combined with Borax. Borax is a mineral that is mined in the desert in California and is a common active ingredient that is used in soap products such as 20 Mule Team Borax.
The product kills ants but a small dermal exposure would not harm people or pets. If you spill some on your skin, simply wash with warm water.
Pets occasionally find the Terro and eat it. Our advice when this happens is to do nothing at all. The product is not toxic enough to cause a problem and the pet will be just fine.
This is the info directly from Terro's site -- and is also supported by my experience with these ingestions.
That's what I found online, too. Sounds like it is nothing to worry about. Thanks.
The packaging is more of an issue than the bait --
You are most welcome.
My son caught her before she could chew it up. It may have upset her stomach, because she's not eating.