CriticalCareVet
CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Experience:  Emergency and Critical Care Specialist
17828336

what is the best food to boost production of red blood cells

what is the best food to boost production of red blood cells and also avoid sturvite stones.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  CriticalCareVet replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a licensed veterinarian and would be glad to help!

The drop in the cell count, if normal before - is likely from bleeding during surgery.

This is something that will rebound from normal bone marrow production and should not be a long term concern.

There is also not a specific food for this.

For this reason we should focus on the long term problem you will face, the struvite stones.

For this - Hill's C/D is a diet that most choose due to its research and formulation to alter the urine pH, decreasing struvite crystal and stone formation.

That is something I would place the focus on. Eating and nutrition alone will help with the red blood cells, not a specific diet. - so this is why we should focus on the stone diet as above.
_____________________________________________________________________
Please click "ACCEPT" if the information I have provided has been of help so I receive credit for my work. Bonuses are always welcome and appreciated. Thank you.

The above is given for information only. Although I am a licensed veterinarian, I cannot legally prescribe medicines or diagnose your pet's condition without performing a physical exam. If you have concerns about your pet I would highly advise contacting your regular veterinarian.