Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, emphasis in dermatology, internal medicine, pain management
14008320

my dog is acting very tired and sleepy lately, she also has

my dog is acting very tired and sleepy lately, she also has a skin rash but is afebrile. She has been vomiting for the last 20 hr and can not hold down water. I am suspecting that she has been poisoned by my neighbor. what can i do for her until the vet opens in the am.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 5 years ago.
I am sorry to hear how mindy is doing.
If you truly believe she may have poisoned, it could be fatal to wait until morning.

You must get into a ER vet right now to start intravenous diuresis (IV fluids) and get a blood test performed to evaluate organ function.
She is already suffering from very bad digestive upset, and it will be a very painful and nauseated night.

I truly believe Mindy must get into an ER vet.
If that is a unsatisfactory answer, I certainly can suggest some antacids for vomiting, but it is not my recommendation.

Good Luck with Mindy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I greatly appreciate when you click “ACCEPT” if you have found the advice helpful or informative, so I may receive credit for the answer. Receiving feedback and bonuses is happily welcomed.
The answer provided is for information only. Unfortunately, I cannot legally prescribe medications or offer a definitive diagnosis without performing a physical examination. If you have any concerns please contact your primary veterinarian, or contact an ER facility if this is an emergency. REMEMBER: Even after you click "ACCEPT" and your question closes, you can still review our discussion.