My dog has a large lump on the left side of my penis. Help!

My dog has a large mass/lump on the left side of his penis. He also has a smaller lump on his chest as well.

What breed of dog is he?

How big is the lump?

Is it on the shaft of the penis, or the abdomen around it?
Is he neutered?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Chihuahua neutered male, I just now noticed the lump. I flipped him over on is back to rub his belly and saw it is probably as big around as putting your thumb to index finger and rounded up so you can see ... Its soft
It is located about mid ways down the penis but is on the abdomen but very close to the shaft of the penis.

Is there only one lump, or is there a second one on the right side?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Just one... It is to the left of his penis... On the stomach. It is very noticeable when he is flipped over on his back it looks like a bulge.. But if he is just standing, its a lot smaller and harder to detect.

Thanks for answering my questions.

The lump is something that could have many causes: inflamed lymph node, sebaceous cyst, lipoma. Because of her age and the description you gave me of what it feels like, I'm suspecting it's a lipoma or a sebaceous cyst, but I'm just guessing.

Here's more reading on lipomas and other cancers:

On cysts:

On lymph nodes:

The only way to positively identify what sort of lump or bump your dog has is, unfortunately, also through a trip to the vet. A fine needle biopsy (where the vet inserts a needle into one of the bumps and tries to aspirate/pull out material to look at under the microscope) will tell the vet, without question, what sort of problem your dog is having.

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I know you are just going by the information I am giving you and cannot give a diagnosis via computer but do you think he should be ok to wait until monday to make a trip to the vet or should I seek emergency care now?

He is eating drinking peeing pooping playing ball and acting completely normal.

I just got very alarmed when i saw it so i started to google and the word hernia kept popping up when i tried to search bulge lump etc.

Does what I am describing sound at all like a hernia or more likely cancer, lymph nodes, or a cyst?

I think he would be fine waiting until Monday.

It's doubtful that it's a hernia...those don't just appear as a general rule.

It sounds to me like a lipoma. It's in a fatty part of the dog and he is older, so that's my best guess.