CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Experience:  Emergency and Critical Care Specialist

Blisters (sores) between the toes of my English Bulldog. I

Blisters (sores) between the toes of my English Bulldog. I have given him Epsom salts soaks. I have cleaned him with alcohol, hydrogen peroxide (if open sore), and chlorhexedrine solution (2%). Still have a severe problem. Someone mention Gold Bond talc. Any pther suggestions for me?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  CriticalCareVet replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a licensed veterinarian and would be glad to help!

If your dog is licking at the area and is irritated by the foot - I would recommend using Benadryl at home which is an antihistamine. The dose will be 1mg for every 1 pound of body weight. For example, a 50 pound dog should receive 50mg of benadryl. You can start and then give a dose every 8 to 12 hours thereafter. You can purchase this over the counter. Please be certain it is the product consisting of only Diphenhydramine and DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY OTHER INGREDIENTS SUCH AS A DECONGESTANT.

You can also see if there is an antibacterial shampoo that can be used on the affected area. You can dip the paw in the shampoo and warm water for 10-15 minutes twice daily. Chlorhexiderm is a good option.

If your dog is licking at the area - an E-collar from your local pet store would also be a good idea to prevent further licking and irritation.

Finally - also from your local pet store you can purchase a protective boot for him to wear. A company that makes a great product is the MediPaw protective boot company. - CLICK HERE

If this does not work, antibiotics from your veterinarian may also be needed.

But I hope this information is helpful in making Harley feel better!
Please click "ACCEPT" if the information I have provided has been of help so I receive credit for my work. Bonuses are always welcome and appreciated. Thank you.