Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic dogs, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.

will Ivomec kill tape worm and how much should i give a 60lb

will Ivomec kill tape worm and how much should i give a 60lb lab 7 years old how often do i give for Heart worm also a 20lb min dashhound how much will his dosage be
Bill [email protected]
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for using, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

Ivomec and ivermectin products do not kill tapeworms. You need to use the drug praziquantel. You can get this from your vet or occasionally from pet stores. The dosage will be on the box.

Dr. Dan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what dosage do i need to give for heart worm and other parasites and how often do i need to give to protect them 65lb black lab 20lb dashhound
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 5 years ago.
You need to give tapeworm meds only as needed when you see symptoms in their stool or on their rear ends. For heart worm and intestinal parasites monthly administration is recommended. It is illegal for us to give dosage information over the internet with out a personal physical exam. Ivomec for heartworm is not recommended because there are tested and proven effective medications already on the market.

Dr. Dan