Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, emphasis in dermatology, internal medicine, pain management

my dog has got worms about 1 inch long and flat fatter at the

Customer Question

my dog has got worms about 1 inch long and flat fatter at the bottom than at the top
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 5 years ago.
I am sorry to hear about the worm issue.

Due to variations in life cycles, you could still be describing a few types of worms.
The most common culprits would include:
Roundworms, hookworms, tapeworms, and whipworms.

Generally, using a broad-spectrum dewormer (and not the garbage from the petstore, can correct the problem).

Most vets will prescribe Drontal Plus or Panacur. Great choices.
You also want to ensure you have enough to repeat treatment in 2 weeks, even if the problem is resolved.

A little more suspicious for hookworms.

Hope that info helps.
Good Luck

I greatly appreciate when you click “ACCEPT” if you have found the advice helpful or informative, so I may receive credit for the answer. Receiving feedback and bonuses is happily welcomed.
The answer provided is for information only. Unfortunately, I cannot legally prescribe medications or offer a definitive diagnosis without performing a physical examination. If you have any concerns please contact your primary veterinarian, or contact an ER facility if this is an emergency. Please excuse any delays in my responses, as I regularly attend to hospitalized patients and daily examinations. REMEMBER: Even after you click "ACCEPT" and your question closes, you can still review our discussion.