Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Experience:  35 years of veterinary practice in small animal medicine

my dog just ate a big tube of lip balm. is this dangerous

Hello, I'm Dr. Bob.
I'm sorry to read of your dog's bad idea.
The lip balm itself is completely harmless, but the tube itself may cause a problem. Do you know of what it was made?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
She did not eat the container it is EOS Lip balm and it is in a hugh dome shape container. I have copied this from the lip balm website so you could see everything it contained. Can you please make sure none of this is harmful to her. :

lip Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Beeswax (Cire D'abeille)*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Natural Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract*, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract*, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Fruit Extract*, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract*, Linalool1. 1Component of Natural Flavor. *Organic. Certified Organic by Oregon Tilth. Patent Pending.
Thank you for the list of ingredients! It's wonderful that she didn't eat the container, those can be tough to pass!
There is nothing listed here that should be in any way harmful, lip balm is constantly swallowed by wearers of the stuff, so it must be made of food grade materials.
She's a lucky dog!
If you should have further questions, please let me know.
Dr. Bob
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK great! Should she have any side effects at all like a change in stool or throwing up from it that you would think of? Just want to be sure before I leave her home alone in the morning.
Hello again!
It really shouldn't cause any problem whatsoever unless it was like a pint jar of the stuff, then a little diarrhea would be the worse case scenario.The ingredients would tend to act like a laxative.
If I may be of further assistance, please let me know.
Dr. Bob