Dr. Jenn
Dr. Jenn, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal medicine since 2004, also involved in working with rescue groups.
23926829

my chihuahua is shivering, dry nose, and temp of 103.5. She

Customer Question

my chihuahua is shivering, dry nose, and temp of 103.5. She was just spayed a week ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jenn replied 6 years ago.

Dr. Jenn :

Hi there

JACUSTOMER-g7ct50rs- :

hello

Dr. Jenn :

This temperature is a cause for concern-especially afetr a recent surgery! An infection is very possible and if left untreated could be life threatening! Your baby needs to see a vet-there may be an emergency clinic in your area.

JACUSTOMER-g7ct50rs- :

i would prefer to see our regular vet, but might not be able to till monday morning. is there anything we can do till then

JACUSTOMER-g7ct50rs- :

hello?

Dr. Jenn :

I would NOT wait until Monday and this baby especially because of her size!! I would have her seen TONIGHT! This could be life threatening-not worth the risk.

JACUSTOMER-g7ct50rs- :

i do not feel that this was helpfull.

Dr. Jenn :

Unfortunately-from what you are describing-this is not a condition that I can help you with on line. This is also not a condition that can be treated with over the counter medications. I have chihuahuas of my own and know the breed very well. Your situation is concerning-I would rather be safe than sorry. Your baby should be seen at an emergency clinic.The shivering is a sign of discomfort and your baby has a fever-not good.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
i was going to go to our vet on my own. was hoping with paying someone that this would be more helpfull.