vetmom4, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  30 years as small animal veterinarian, practice owner for 28 years, Past President of SCAV

My dog is having eye surgery tomorrow to remove a small cyst

Customer Question

My dog is having eye surgery tomorrow to remove a small cyst inside the eyelid. The estimate is $1,234.99. I find this to be unbelievably high I paid that much a few years ago to have a tumour removed from my other dog's elbow which involved over 100 stiches because of all the mini veins involved. Is this price high to you? I live in Canada just so you know.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  vetmom4 replied 5 years ago.

Hi, I am vetmom and am happy to answer any question about your dog's veterinary issues.

I just had a similar surgery performed on my dog and is was over $300 with my veterinary discount.So it would have been about $600 but a small tumor was removed from the other eye. Laser was used and the dog's eyes have done beautifully. Eye surgery is technically more difficult.

No wonder folks can't afford veterinarians anymore! Maybe you could get a second quote from another veterinarian? I'm in Southeast US where costs are generally lower. Your price quoted does sound a little high but just my opinion. Don't know the cost of real estate, licenses, etc in your area.

Kind regards, vetmom

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This does not help me at all.