Vomiting in dogs can be due to many things including:
2. dietary indiscretion
3. foreign body obstruction
5. organ/ endocrine abnormality
This is what I would do for now:
1. With hold food and water until he goes 6-8 hours without vomiting
2. Give over the counter Pepcid at 0.25 mg/lb every 12-24 hours
3. After the fasting period you can try either a bland diet of broiled chicken
/ hamburger and rice. If not available, you can just give small frequent meals (3-4 meals/day rather than 1-2 meals/day). The other thing you can do is add some canned pumpkin (1-2 teaspoons) to the food as this will help firm up the stool and promote normal colon motility.
4. This will usually resolve the signs in 2-3 days.
If that does not help, then bloodwork and x-rays may be indicated to rule out other causes. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.