Dr. B
Dr. B, Veterinarian
Experience:  Fifteen years of Experience in the field of Veterinary Medicine, over four years experience as a DVM

what does a paw tumor or cancer look like I have a bouvier

what does a paw tumor or cancer look like? I have a bouvier 8 yrs old and the growth is reddish in color above the skin , dime size , might have a few lines orlittle veiny type lines going thru it.
Hi there,

The growth you are describing could be a cancerous mass such as a mast cell tumor. Other possibilities are a lick granuloma (benign, if he is constantly licking it), or an inflammatory reaction. Because your dog is 8 yrs old, the possibility of cancer is higher. The best thing to do is take him to the vet, get the mass removed, and send it off for histopath.

Dr. B