CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Experience:  Emergency and Critical Care Specialist

my chihuahua has been vomiting white foam for 2 days... just

my chihuahua has been vomiting white foam for 2 days... just in the morning... poop okay, not eating. staying under the couch .... can i give him anything for this????
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  CriticalCareVet replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a licensed veterinarian and specialist and would be glad to help!

With the degree of vomiting you report over the past few days, I am concerned.

There are many causes for vomiting in a dog - infectious causes, an upset stomach (gastroenteritis) metabolic causes (kidney, liver, etc.),

BUT - there can also be causes of vomiting such as pancreatitis and even a bowel blockage which is life threatening.

What can we try now?

ou can try to offer small amounts of water or diluted pedialyte for hydration and electrolytes. You can even purchase a dropper from your local pharmacy to offer the water/pedialyte mixture by mouth.

But I do think that seeing a veterinarian and testing such as belly x-rays is a very good idea here to make sure there is not a more serious cause such as a blockage.

I hope this information is helpful!
Please click "ACCEPT" if the information I have provided has been of help so I receive credit for my work. Bonuses are always welcome and appreciated. Thank you.

The above is given for information only. Although I am a licensed veterinarian, I cannot legally prescribe medicines or diagnose your pet's condition without performing a physical exam. If you have concerns about your pet I would highly advise contacting your regular veterinarian.