Steve O.
Steve O., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  I have 20 years of canine clinical and surgical experience
31531426

Does the male enter the females uterus with the penis and

Does the male enter the female's uterus with the penis and then knot to stay in place during coitus: witnessed a female's first breeding and there was quiet then one last yelp after male knotted. Just curious. Any flouriscope or other scientific drawing to support the theory.

Steve O. :

HI, I'm Dr Steve

Steve O. :

When a male dog enters a female, the bulb of the penis swells and locks his penis in the cervix. This helps prevent semen from leaking out and increases the liklihood that the mating is successful. There are many reproductive books that will have pictures of this process. It has ben proven so it isn't a theory, it actually happens. It is a very clever way to help insure the survuvability of the species. I hope this has helped. If it has, would you please click the accept button so I may receive credit for my answer. Thank you . If you have more questions, I will check later.

Customer:

This is great information: don't know why but the 'curious-bug' 'bites' and I can't just 'work-around' it til I dig up an answer. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX